About Us

My photo
I am a home based business mom of 2 beautiful girls. I truly enjoy the flexibility and income it provides and am consistently challenged by the personal growth excelling in this business requires. The person i'm becoming through growing a business but also being a mom is the most amazing gift i can give to my kids and my husband. my children are learning to believe in themselves, dream, have confidence, gratitude, abundance, giving, serving, healthy communication, and solid family values not just through a bedtime book or words, but through my actions. Children will always do what we do not what we say!

Monday, September 28, 2009

Quality time


It is more often than not that I hear so many parents say "they were born just yesterday! I can't believe how fast they grow up!!!"  Is it possible that the years seem to slip between our fingers because we are all so busy with other things that seem important but in the big picture, they are not important at all? I heard a mentor say this weekend that there is no such thing as multi tasking. I've come to believe this is true. I've made it a point to make choices that will affect my daughter and future children forever. Over the past 4 years, I have learned so much about how we speak to our kids, the words we use, the healthcare system, the education system, and wealth building. Those may seem a bit unrelated, but what we teach our children will development into their belief systems and can affect their entire life!!!! Spending quality time with our children is so important - this means being present, not just sitting in the same room with the tv on or typing on our phones. True presence is what our children crave. simply time with us. Perhaps spending quality time with our kids on a daily and weekly basis will make the years not go by so quickly!
I feel I've truly enjoyed every day, week, month, and year with Grace. she is growing up quickly but not to the point that I wish it would slow down or that I've missed out. Richard and I have made choices that might not be the status quo or what "everyone else is doing," but quite frankly, we dont' want an ordinary life, we want a little bit "extra"- an extraordinary life. I read in a book that good is the enemy of great. So here's to a great life and spending more quality time with our family. Here's Grace having some frozen yogurt today and simply enjoying the time together. 

Followers